FRAMINGHAM – The City of Framingham’s Parks & Recreation Department is advertising for a special needs director.
The part-time position, which would be 15 to 30 hours per month, has a posted salary of $19.57 per hour.
The position was posted on the City of Framingham’s website today, August 18.
The individual “performs responsible work involving planning, organizing, implementing, managing, and evaluating of therapeutic and inclusion recreation programs and services for the Parks & Recreation Department. Ensures the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations are met. Coordinates diverse programming of athletic, recreational, social, cultural, and educational activities for the community. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required. Works under the general supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation or designee<‘ according to the job posting.
- Oversees and evaluates programs and services for individuals with disabilities and special needs.
- Evaluates, plans, and directs activity and programs delivery to meet needs.
- Develops partnerships with community agencies serving people with disabilities and special needs. Coordinates collaborative initiatives that include staff, parents, guardians, community members, program participants, volunteers, and agencies to develop and enhance therapeutic recreation and inclusion programs and services.
- Supports staff in the development of work plans and partnerships, and the identification of resources to enhance the therapeutic and inclusion programs and services.
- Establishes standards and guidelines for the delivery and modification of programs and services to meet the therapeutic recreation and inclusion needs.
- Works with staff to assess the impact of program environments and facilitates for or on individuals with disabilities and special needs into park and recreation activities and programs
- Conducts outreach, responds to inquiries, and makes appropriate referrals when needed.
- Works as a liaison between staff and guardians to address and/or resolve therapeutic recreation and inclusion related issues, requests, and/or concerns.
Per the City’s website “applicants must be at least 25 years of age, and must obtain & maintain current certification in CPR/AED and First Aid training.”
Applicants must have a valid MA motor vehicles operator’s license and reliable transportation.
The job posting noted applicants must have a “bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience to include any combination of planning, programming, and/or implementation of recreational programs and services related to therapeutic, adaptive, or inclusive recreation. Related programs and services may include creating individual occupational therapy plans for those who have mental, physical, developmental, or emotional conditions. An associate’s degree may be considered with four years of experience to include any combination of planning, programming, and/or implementation of recreational programs and services related to therapeutic, adaptive, or inclusive recreation.
The job includes working weekends.
To apply visit www.framinghamma.gov/jobs