FRAMINGHAM – McCarthy Elementary School began advertising for a music teacher for the 2022-23 school year starting today, August 15.
The first day of school is August 31.
According to the job posting the music teacher will “provide direct pedagogical instruction in music in order to deliver Framingham Public Schools’ high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools.”
Applicants need a valid Massachusetts Teaching license in Music (K-5) is required. Additional content area license is encouraged.
Applicants need at least a Bachelor’s Degree in the area of major study.
According to the job description, the music teacher:
- Plans an art program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Counsels with colleagues, students, and or parents on a regular basis.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and or volunteer(s).
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff and or school committees.
- Participate in staff development programs.
The musical teacher reports to the Principal and Director of Fine and Performing Arts.
Salary is based on the Framingham Teachers Association (Unit A) Contract.