1 Temperatures today will be about 95 degrees today
The City of Framingham has public beaches open today until dusk at Learned Pond, Lakw Waushakum and Saxonville Lake.
Cooling Centers with air conditioning and free water are available at the main Framingham Public Library, Christa McAuliffe Library branch and the Callahan Center.
A heat advisory has been extended through Tuesday night.
The heat index could reach 103 degrees today.
2. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETING (all are remote unless noted below):
- Framingham Ordinance Review & Recodification Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham License Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Community Preservation Committee at 7 p.m.
3. August is National American Artists Appreciation Month. The Framingham Public Library is holding an online art auction as part of its Noche de Fiesta project. Click here to bid on the art.
4. Literations is recruiting older adult volunteers to help improve reading skills for 1st through 4th grade students at the Stapleton and McCarthy Schools in Framingham. Volunteer Literacy Coaches meet with the same individual students twice per week to carry out a 30 minute structured tutoring session with each student. Literations provides all training. There is a training session at the Callahan Center on Tuesday, August 9 at 2 p.m. Those interested are asked to register by today, August 8.
5. There is a fishing for beginners workshop tonight at lake Cochituate in Natick sponsored by the Framingham Public Library. Pre-registration is required.