FRAMINGHAM – Framingham Public School District is advertising for a Registration Manager.
The position would “assist the Director of the Department of Student Registration in the implementation of policies and procedures relative to school assignment based on Controlled School Choice at the Elementary Grades. Supports the Director in ensuring equitable student assignment, and contributes to the strategic planning and growth of the office. Supervise the day-to-day operations, planning, organization, and control of an efficient office that provides the maximum benefits to the students. Register new and returning students.”
The full-time position has a salary range fo $59,000 to $72,000 annually.
Applicants should have a
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing family and/or student registration
- English and Portuguese/Spanish Bilingual proficiency required.
Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university or six or more years’ experience as a Registration Manager or Office Manager.
Framingham Public Schools seeks candidates whose background, teaching, or service has prepared
Computer skills and knowledge of appropriate applications including Microsoft Office, X2, MUNIS, and Google are essential. Supervisory skills and commensurate experience, demonstration of knowledge and expertise of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act to manage duties related to McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act, expertise working with diverse and multilingual populations, implement systems to organize office systems and procedures, effective interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, ability to maintain the confidentiality of information, work independently and take initiative to implement and pursue relevant projects. School Registration and experience working with parents and students in a public-school setting is required.
The Registration manager:
- Registers new and returning students
- Supervises and oversees the accurate data collection in applications that manage registration or assignments
- Resolve parent concerns, if possible, or refer them to appropriate school department personnel for resolution
- Create reports as may be required by the Director of the Department of Student Registration
- Manage the advertising of registration to various local agencies
- Support the department by going to various local agencies to perform community registration and implement systems for doing so
- Supervise and perform all the functions related to the registration of new and returning students such as enter pre-registration, register student, scan registration documents, answer questions from parents regarding registration, and any other duties
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of the Department of Student Registration
- Engage and maintain community relationships as well as attend community events on evening and weekends on an as needed basis
Framingham Public School District Homeless Education Liaison
- Assure FPS compliance with McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act
- Advise homeless families of McKinney-Vento rights at registration
- With McKinney-Vento Clinical Care coordinator, provide formal and informal professional development to FPS staff on McKinney-Vento student rights/FPS obligations
- Attend DESE and community meetings on relevant McKinney-Vento topics
- Generate reports as needed including any and all state and federal state reports on transported students and McKinney-Vento students.
- Collaborate with McKinney-Vento Clinical Care Coordinator on miscellaneous projects regarding McKinney-Vento rights/obligations/service
The manager would report to the Director of the Department of Student Registration Mikaele Neves
The position was posted on July 7, with applications accepted starting July 8.