After 6-Year Hiatus, Danforth Annual Juried Exhibition Returns
FRAMINGHAM – Gloucester resident Robert Grady’s oil painting Blackbirds, Alabaster, Elephants, took first prize at the Juried Exhibition on display at Framingham State University’s Danforth Art Museum through September 18, 2022.
The annual exhibition is being held for the first time since 2016, when the museum was forced to close its original downtown location. It features the work of 72 talented artists throughout the region and was made possible through the sponsorship of Middlesex Savings Bank.
“The Danforth has always been a home for contemporary, regional artists, and it was important to resume the juried show in our new home at FSU,” said Museum Director and Curator Jessica Roscio. “The Juried Exhibition is a snapshot of the work being produced in New England right now. From emerging talent to established artists, the galleries offer a wide range of media, materials, and processes certain to spark conversations and inspire contemplation.”
The 2022 jurors included Roscio, Framingham State Professor of Art Brian Bishop and ArtsWorcester Executive Director Juliet Feibel.
Danforth Art Museum is open to the public Tuesday-Sunday, noon-5 p.m. More information about the Juried Exhibition, including a catalog of all the pieces currently on view, can be found at danforth.framingham.edu.
2022 Juried Exhibition Prize Winners:
* First Prize: Robert Grady (Gloucester), Blackbirds, Alabaster, Elephants, 2021, Oil on linen
* Second Prize: James Dye (Worcester), And so was Bedlam Brought to Order, 2019, Dip pen and India Ink
* Third Prize: Sonya Tanae Fort (Brockton), Side View, 2021, Digital Photography
* Honorable Mention: Claudia Ruiz Gustafson (Framingham, El sueno de Maria (Maria’s dream), 2020, Archival Pigment print
* Honorable Mention: Kathryn Geismer (Somerville), Convergence, 2022, Graphite on Duralar and paper
* Honorable Mention: Delanie Wise (Newton), Ginger, 2021, Clay
* Emerging Artist Award: Jenna Billian (Wrentham), What Should We Take?, 2022, Wood, enamel, vinyl, cast plaster, cast plastic
* MetroWest Artist Award: Bréa Corcoran (Framingham), Addict, 2022, Oil on Canvas