1 At last night’s Massachusetts Department of Public Health hearing on Dallas-based Tenet Health’s plans to close the oncology and radiation oncology departments at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham, Tenet Massachusetts CEO Carolyn Jackson announced that the hospital was in negotiations with Tufts Medical to oversee the Cancer Center.
The Mayor spoke at the hearing that the hospital and said the announcement was not shared with him before hand. The announcement was about negotiations only, no official deal has been inked. According to documents submitted to the state, the closure could come as early as Halloween.
2. The Framingham Farmers’ market is today. Food trucks should arrive around noon and the market is 3 to 7 p.m. at the Framingham Centre Common. Click here for vendors.
3. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM meetings (all remote unless noted):
- Framingham Human Relations Commission – Emergency Meeting at 7 p.m.
5. LIBRARY EVENTS:
- Exploring the great outdoors and want to bring your books without weighing down your pack? Looking to watch your favorite show or documentary from the comfort of your couch? The library has you covered! Come learn more about our digital library and resources: how to download, stream, and more at 2 p.m. today at the main Framingham Public Library
- Free Jazz Concert at the Christa McAuliffe library outdoors tonight at 7.
BONUS: Speaking of the Library, the Framingham Public Library Foundation and the Framingham Public Library is hosting Noche de Fiesta on Saturday, July 23.
The event is free, but the first 500 people who register will receive a free FIESTA bag at the event. More than 100 people had registered by July 5.
Use the QR code in the flyer below to register.