1 Today is the last full-day of school for students in grades K-8 in the Framingham Public Schools. Tomorrow is the 180th day of school and it is a half day with no lunch served.
Framingham High students have been doing finals since last week, and continue them today. During finals there is no full day of school for high school students.
The Christa McAuliffe Library will be making waffles for finals week today.
2. There was a joint meeting of the Framingham School Committee and the Framingham City Council last night to fill the vacant District 2 School Committee seat. The vote was unanimous for David Gordon.
3. The Community Preservation Committee will hold a public hearing tonight at 7 for input on how to spent $1.6 million in funds in Fiscal Year 2023. Applications for the funding will be available later this summer. The hearing is scheduled for 7 p.m. in the Blumer room in the Memorial Building. Individuals who can not attend can also watch it on Zoom at the link below
4. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM meetings (all remote unless noted):
- Framingham Veterans Council 10:45 a.m.
- Edgell Grove Trustees at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Disability Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Sustainability Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Fair Housing Committee at 7 p.m.
5. Today is World Rainforest Day
The day highlights the “significance of tropical rainforests for our planet.”
This year’s theme is ‘The Time is Now’ and it aims to sensitize people on how crucial rainforests are for survival of life on Earth. They not only support the largest variety of plants and animal species of any other ecosystem in the world but also influence weather patterns and act as major carbon sinks, moderating local temperatures and keeping our air clean.