1 This week is Emergency Medical Services Week and today is Emergency Medical Services Day.
EMS Week is to honor those frontline heroes dedicated to providing emergency medicine that saves so many lives every day. .
The 2022 EMS Week theme: “EMS: Rising to the Challenge.” This theme is particularly meaningful now, to remind people that every day we are faced with so many new challenges in our lives and yet we still rise above them all and continue to respond, support, and care for the needs of our communities.
2. There is a Kindergarten open house today at the MetroWest Jewish Day School in Framingham on Pamela Road at 4 p.m.
MetroWest Jewish Day School is a Pre-K through Grade 8 community Jewish day school that celebrates pluralism and diversity. The school fosters the personal growth of each child through a multi-faceted, individualized, and dynamic 21st-century approach to learning.
“Our student community actively engages in the comprehensive exploration of both secular and Jewish curricula, weaving together ancient texts and modern perspectives. MWJDS inspires our students to excel in the world as knowledgeable and responsible members of the diverse Jewish community,” said the school
Register for the open house here https://forms.gle/2mXbifTQoKBhcB3CA
3. The Christa McAuliffe Library branch will hold a free screening of the 2010 Alice in Wonderland film at 2 p.m. The movie is rated PG.
4. Framingham School Committee meetings at 7 p.m. tonight in the Blumer room at the Memorial Building and on Zoom.
Other CITY OF FRAMINGHAM meetings (all remote unless noted):
- Framingham Veterans Council at 10:30 a.m.
- Framingham EDIC at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Ordinance Review & Recodification Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Conservation Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Parks & Recreation at 7 p.m.
5. FLYERS IN ACTION:
- Framingham High boys & girls outdoor track & field teams compete in the Bay State Conference meet today in Braintree
- Boys volleyball hosts New Bedford High at 4 p.m. at Framingham High gym
- Boys tennis hosts Braintree High at 4:15 p.m. at the Bowditch courts
- Girls tennis travels to Braintree for a 4:15 p.m. match
- Flyers baseball hosts Newton North at 4:30 p.m. at Carey Field at Bowditch
- Softball at Newton North at 4:30 p.m.