Bears Defeat Rams 11-1
By Framingham State athletics
SPRINGFIELD – The Framingham State University baseball team was defeated 11-1 Tuesday afternoon by Western New England University in non-conference action.
With the win, Western New England Bears are now 17-6-1.
Rams drop to 9-25 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board first in the top of the second inning when Cameron Gilroy scored from third on a throwing error by the Golden Bears catcher.
- Western New England tied the game in the bottom of the third when B Harrison was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded.
- Single runs for the Golden Bears in the fourth and fifth extended the lead to 3-1.
- Western New England added eight more in the seventh inning to reach the final margin.
- Jorgell Diaz took the loss on the mound for the Rams allowing an earned run on a hit in a third of an inning.
- Gilroy and Chris Iannetta each recorded a hit for the Rams in the game.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Friday when they host Fitchburg State at 3:30 p.m.