By Framingham State athletics
BRIDGEWATER – Led by a first place finish from Emily Newcomb in the 3,000M run the Framingham State University women’s track and field team finished fourth at the 2022 Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) Outdoor Track and Field Championships hosted by Bridgewater State University. on Saturday at Swenson Athletic Conference.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams captured fourth place with 65 total points, while Bridgewater State University won the 2022 MASCAC Title.
- Newcomb finished first in the 3,000 with a time of 12:43.07 and also placed sixth in the 800 with a time of 2:36.94.
- Alyssa Caputo and Kaylee Beck had a strong day for the Rams in the throwing events. Caputo finished third in the shot put (10.04M), third in the discus (31.79M), fourth in the javelin (25.86M) and sixth in the hammer (27.08M).
- Beck placed fifth in the shot put (9.64M), fourth in the discus (28.95M), and second in the hammer (36.57M).
- Brooke Fenton and Kammarie Pelland finished the day sixth and seventh in the javelin with throws of 25.31M and 24.62M respectively.
- Patrice Haney finished fourth for the Rams in the triple jump with a leap of 10.23M.
- The Rams 4×400 and 4×800 relay teams finished fourth in their respective races, while the 4×100 team finished fifth.
- Camille Carvalho placed fourth in the 10,000M run with a time of 45:04, while Eliza Weisse finished in fifth at 45:33. Ashley Fenton followed in sixth with a time of 48:55.
- Elizabeth Dykstra was the Rams top finisher in the 400M run with a time of 1:05.77, while Amdanda Bedard was top finisher for the Rams in the 5,000M run at 22:24.