By Framingham State athletics
WESTON – The Framingham State University women’s track and field team was back in action this afternoon at the 2022 Pre-Conference meet hosted by Regis College and had a strong showing in the throwing events with Alyssa Caputo winning the discus.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Caputo had a strong day for the Rams in the throwing circles. She finished first in the discus with a toss of 31.61M and she came in 10th in the hammer throw with a toss of 27.79M.
- Kaylee Beck finished fifth in the shot put (9.46M), fourth in the discus (28.21M) and second in the hammer throw (35.88M).
- The Rams had three women finish in the top ten of the javelin throw. Brooke Fenton finished fifth with a throw of 23.97M. Lauren Hunter’s toss of 22.86M placed her seventh and Olivia Renda rounded out the top ten with her toss of 21.25M.
- Elizabeth Dykstra had a solid day for the Rams on the track finishing fourth in the 200 meter dash with a time of 28.61 and finishing third in the 400 with a time of 1:06.89.
- Leah Chace finished fifth in the 400 at 1:08.95, while Jamie Mills finished seventh at 1:13.
- Eliza Weisse and Camille Carvalho finished fourth and fifth respectively in the 1,500M run with times of 5:44 and 5:48, while Emily Newcomb was the Rams top finisher in the 800M at 2:26.97.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action next Saturday at the MASCAC Championships which are being hosted by Bridgewater State.