1 This week is National Library Week.
Today is National Library Workers Day. SOURCE has been running a Meet the Librarians series. Check it out at this link.
2. FLYERS in action:
- Today is the home opener for the Framingam softball team. The game starts at 4:30 p.m. at Framingham High against the Tigers of Newton North High.
- Framingham High has its boys varsity home opener against Quincy High at 4 p.m. at Bowditch Field.
- The first-ever girls varsity golf match is today against Wellesley High at 4 p.m.
- Framingham High boys varsity volleyball opens the season today against Natick High at home at 4 p.m.
- Boys tennis opens season with an away match against Braintree High at 4:15 p.m.
- Girls tennis has its season & home opener today at 4:15 p.m. against Braintree High at Bowditch Field
3. Today is National Gold Star Spouses Day, dedicated to those whose spouses sacrificed their lives while serving in the Armed Forces of the United States or as a result of service-related disabilities after returning home.
4. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (all are remote unless otherwise noted):
- Framingham City Council: Appointments Subcommittee at 6 p.m. in the Blumer room at the Memorial Building.
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m. in the Blumer Room in the Memorial Building
- Framingham Historic District Commission at 7:30 p.m.
The Mayor’s schedule is not available yet for this week, but he is expected to attend the City Council meeting tonight as the Council is expected to vote on his selection for Department of Public Works Director Bob Lewis, a Framingham resident.
5. There is a Flyers marching band fundraiser at Gianni’s today. The band is set to perform in Walt Disney World school vacation week.
BONUS — SOURCE is seeking interns for the summer. High school and college students can apply. Submit a cover letter, three writing samples, and a resume.
Interested in photojournalism internship – submit up to 12 photos with a cover letter and resume. Video journalists should submit a highlight reel of no more than 5 minutes.