By Framingham State athletics
DARTMOUTH _ The Framingham State University women’s track and field team placed eighth this afternoon with a strong overall performance at the 2022 Corsair Classic Track and Field Invitational host by UMass Dartmouth.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams were led in the field events by a pair of solid performances from Alyssa Caputo. Caputo finished eighth in the shot put with a toss of 10.03M and fifth in the discus with a throw of 30.24M.
- Emily Newcomb finished second for the Rams in the 800 meters with a time of 2:29.90, while teammate Elizabeth Dykstra crossed 12th at 2:43.01.
- The duo of Amanda Bedard and Ashley Fenton placed second and third respectively in the 10,000 meter run. Bedard placed second at 45:00.36, while Fenton was just behind at 47:55.46.
- The Rams 4X400M relay team of Leah Chace, Becca Morris, Dykstra and Newcomb place fifth with a combined time of 4:42.99.
- Chace was solid for the Rams with a seventh place finish in the 3000M steeple chase finishing at 15:58.03.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action Friday when they travel to Regis College before heading to Fitchburg State on Saturday.