By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University softball team opened league play with a pair of five inning victories over Massachusetts Maritime Academy Saturday afternoon in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Maple Street Field in Framingham.
Framingham State 8, Mass. Maritime 0 (5 Innings)
Framingham State 11, Mass. Martime 3 (5 Innings)
Framingham State is now 2-0 in the Conference and 9-7 overall.
Mass. Maritime drops to 3-15 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
Game 1: Framingham State 8, MMA 0 (5 Innings)
- In the opener, the Rams received a solid pitching performance in the circle from Ally Moran. Moran allowed just one hit in the game to the Bucs leadoff hitter in the first inning and then retired 15 straight Bucs. Moran struck out three and walked none in the game.
- Kyleigh McGreevy was 2-for-2 at the plate for the Rams with a double and five RBI, while Abby Clark went 1-for-3 with two runs scored and an RBI.
- Keely Scotia went 1-for-2 for the Rams including a homer, while Mercedes Jimenez scored twice, drove in a run and doubled.
Game 2: Framingham State 11, MMA 3 (5 Innings)
- In game two, the Rams hit a pair of home runs en route to the run rule victory. Clark delivered a grand slam and Kelsey McGuill ended the game with a three-run homer in the fifth inning.
- Emily Strzegowski earned the win in the circle for the Rams going five innings, allowing three runs, one earned, on five hits with four strikeouts.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Tuesday when they travel to Brandeis at 3p.m., while the Bucs host Fisher on Monday at 4 p.m.