By Framingham State athletics
MYRTLE BEACH, SOUTH CAROLINA – The Framingham State University baseball team was defeated Monday afternoon 17-8 by McDaniel University in non-conference action at Ebbets Field in South Carolina.
With the loss, Framingham State is now 0-6.
McDaniel improves to 10-4 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board first on a solo homer by Ryan Boyle in the top of the first inning, but McDaniel countered with four in the bottom of the frame including a leadoff homer by Shane Daly.
- Framingham State got two back in the top of the second on an RBI triple from Chris Iannetta and an RBI single off the bat of Robert Johnston, but McDaniel answered with a run in the bottom of the second when Daly tripled and then scored on a wild pitch.
- The Rams tied the game at 5-5 in the top of the third on a two-run home run by Steven Burbank.
- McDaniel put up four runs in the bottom of the third taking the lead for good. Daly finished the day for McDaniel going 6-for-6 with six runs scored and four RBI as he hit for the cycle.
- The Rams received three hits apiece from Johnston and Boyle, while Iannetta finished the game with two hits, three runs scored and an RBI. Johnston drove in three runs in the game, while Steve Burbank finished with two RBI.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Wednesday when they face Albertus Magnus at 12 p.m.