By Framingham State athletics
SALEM – The Salem State men’s ice hockey team defeated Framingham State by a score of 6-0 in the final regular season contest of the season Tuesday evening in Framingham.
With the win Salem State improves to 10-12 overall and 8-10 in the Conference.
Framingham State ends the regular season at 2-20-1 overall and 1-16-1 in the Conference.
Both teams await the final pairings for the MASCAC Tournament to be released by the conference office later this week.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After an almost scoreless first period Erik Larsson got on the board in the final minute of the frame to give the Vikings a 1-0 lead.
- The hosts would score three goals in the second with Billy Falter, Joe Smith and Kevin Stoya all getting in on the action.
- Luke Day and Luke Pepin scored in the third to push the Vikings lead to 6 goals.
- Jacob Garman scored in the 17th minute of the third to reach the final margin
- The Vikings outshot the Rams 46-to-23 while both teams were 0-for-2 on the man advantage.
- Aaron Mercer made 21 stops in the win for the Vikings while Trevor Stenberg turned away 40 attempts for the Rams.