1 Today is Groundhog Day and the furry rodent saw his shadow and is predicting 6 more weeks of winter.
The groundhog from Punxsutawney, Pennsylvannia awoke and the news was “Winter has been bleak, dark and bereft of hope, yet winter is just another step in the cycle of life,” read a prediction scroll chosen by Phil after he was awoken from his slumber at 7:25 a.m. “As I look over the faces of the true believers from around the world, I bask in the warmth of your hearts, I couldn’t imagine a better fate, with my shadow I have cast than a long lustrous six more weeks of winter.”
2. The City Council unanimously voted for the Mayor’s pick for HR Director at its Council meeting last night. Kathy O’Leary is scheduled to start on Monday, February 14.
3. Firefighters rescued two from a 2-alarm fire on Prospect Street after 12:30 a.m. today.
4. The Senate confirmation hearing for State Rep. Maria Robinson to join President Joe Biden’s administration has been postponed until Tuesday, February 8.
CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS (all are remote unless noted):
- Framingham School Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Conservation Committee at 7 p.m.
5. FLYERS in action today:
- Framingham High girls ice hockey against Brookline away at 6 p.m. – there is a limit of 2 spectators per athlete per Brookline.
- Boys basketball hosts Brookline High at 6;30 p.m. Fans are allowed to the game.
- Girls basketball travels to Brookline for a 6:30 p.m. tip-off
- Framingham High wrestling has an away meet at Braintree High at 7 p.m.
- Framingham High boys ice hockey hosts Brookline at Loring Arena at 7 p.m. Fans are allowed at the game.