FRAMINGHAM – The City of Framingham began advertising for a records access officer today, January 14.
The Public Records Access Officer performs a wide range of activities related to document collection, review, and production, particularly focusing on compliance with the Massachusetts Public Records Law (M.G.L. c. 66) and its attendant regulation
The full-time position has a salary range of $54,000 to $70,000.
Essential functions of the Records Access officer includes:
Complying with the duties of a Records Access Officer pursuant to the Public Records Law;
• Responding to public records requests in accordance with the Public Records Law by collecting relevant materials, evaluating legal issues, and issuing responses;
• Maintaining databases and tracking systems to provide current accurate information on Public Records Requests; • Appropriately directing and facilitating certain inquiries made to the public records team;
• Conducting document redactions to public records exempt under (M.G.L. c. 4, s. 7(26));
• Performing other document collection, review, and production work as needed and assigned;
• Assisting with social media and providing backup coverage for Public Information Officer.
• Performing other assignments as directed.
Applicants must have at least three years of full time, or equivalent part-time, professional, administrative or managerial experience in business administration, business management or public administration the major duties of which involved program management, program administration, program coordination, program planning and/or program analysis, or any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
Applicants should also have a Bachelor’s degree with a major in business administration, information technology, or public administration or related field, or equal combination of education and experience.
The candidate will demonstrate the ability to meet the requirements and deadlines under the Public Records Law. Effectively communicate and coordinate with Divisions/Departments for responding to a request, and organize all relevant materials related to a request.
The records access officer works under the direction of the Mayor’s Office and works closely/collaboratively with the Public Information Officer/Webmaster, generally sets own daily work plan; escalates questions or issues as necessary to supervisor.
To apply visit website: www.framinghamma.gov/jobs