FRAMINGHAM – The Mayor’s Office, Department of Public Health, and the Superintendent of Schools jointly announce that the pause on group activities will be lifted Friday, January 14 at 9 a.m. because alternative measures that support a safe return in all city buildings have been developed during the last week.
The announcement was made in a press release issued just after 3 p.m. today, january 12.
Between now and Friday morning, activity organizers will be communicating new protocols to their participants and giving them time to plan ahead. Group organizers, coaches, and activity leaders will contact participants directly with detailed information, said the release.
Since Wednesday, January 5, the City reported 1,957 residents have tested positive for the coronavirus.
Last week, the numbers were 1,300-plus.
Framingham currently has 3,331 active cases.
As of today, January 12, the number of people in the City who have tested positive for COVID-19 is 14,375. This is since the pandemic began in March 2020.
These numbers only include confirmed cases reported through the Massachusetts data system; the Framingham Health Department does not receive the results from rapid antigen home tests. If you test positive you may not receive a letter or phone call from the Health Department Nurse at this time.
The pause was put into place, effective January 7, 2022 at 2 p.m., in response to a dramatic increase in COVID-19 cases across the City.
The January 5 announcement of the pause stated it would be lifted by January 21 and that the City would closely monitor whether two weeks was the appropriate duration.
“Today’s announcement is the result of a week of collaborative discussion between City and school leadership,” said Mayor Charlie Sisitsky, in a press release “We will continue working hard to move forward in the face of ongoing challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.”