FRAMINGHAM – Firefighters extinguished a small fire in a storefront church in downtown Framingham this morning, December 23.
The fire was reported at 112 Hollis Street after 10:30 a.m.
Framingham Engine 3. Engine 5, Ladder 3 , Rescue 1 and Car 2 responded to the Route 126 fire.
No one was in the building, when firefighters arrived, said the Framingham Fire Chief
“A roof top heating unit had a motor overheat and catch unit on fire,” said Framingham Fire Chief Michael Dutcher.
“Fire dropped below onto some chairs in the worship areas and set off the fire alarm system and master box. Fire on chairs and in heating unit were extinguished with water cans,” said Chief Dutcher.
Assembleia De Deus Filadelfia church is located on the second floor in the building.
There were no injuries.
“Minor damage to carpet and ceiling and three chairs,” said the fire chief.
Photos courtesy of David Perry