FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University Board of Trustees and the Presidential Search Committee and the University announced today, November 30, three finalists to become the 8th President of Framingham State.
The three finalists are:
- Dr. Allia L. Carter, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (EVP/COO) at Virginia Union University (VUU) in Richmond, Virginia
- Dr. Roxanne M. Gonzales-Walker, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs at New Mexico Highlands University in Las Vegas, New Mexico
- Dr. Nancy S. Niemi, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) in Princess Anne, Maryland.
A search to replace President F. Javier Cevallos, who announced in March that he
intends to retire following the current academic year, commenced in July.
Finalists were selected by a 12-member Presidential Search Committee comprised of trustees,
students, alumni, faculty and staff.
The search was facilitated by the Witt/Kieffer consulting firm, which reviewed all applicants to make sure they met minimum qualifications.
More than 80 applicants were forwarded to the committee, which selected 12 to interview.
“I am very proud of the work of the search committee and their efforts to develop this
strong slate of finalists,” said Kevin Foley ’84, Chair of the University Board of Trustees.
Members of the community will have a chance to hear from and meet with each finalist
starting later this week with Dr. Gonzales-Walker on Dec 2-3.
Dr. Niemi will visit on Dec. 6-7 and Dr. Carter on Dec. 9 & 10.
Members of the search committee included:
- Kevin Foley, Chair, Board of Trustees
- Nancy Budwig, Trustee
- Anthony Hubbard, Trustee
- Dara Barros, Student
- Luis Rosero, Associate Professor
- Wardell Powell, Assistant Professor
- David Baldwin, Associate Dean of Students
- Robin Robinson, Director Education Technology and Instructional Design
- Nina Ricci, Executive Assistant
- Elena Quiroz-Livanis, Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Dana Neshe, Trustee
- Robert (Bob) Bonnevie, FSU Foundation Board
- Ex-Officio: Kim Dexter, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources & Equal Opportunity
Ann McDonald, Chief of Staff and General Counsel