1 There is a pep rally for the Framingham High football team at Bowditch Field today at 3 p.m.
The traditional pep rally at the high school on Wednesday could not be feasibly be held under the COVID restrictions, so it was moved outdoors to Bowditch after school.
Tickets for the Framingham vs Natick football game are being sold online. Kickoff at 10 a.m. at Bowditch Field Thursday.
2. The City Council has called a special meeting for tonight, November 23, to discuss setting a special runoff election for the District 3 City Council race that ended in a tie 997-997 after a recount last Tuesday. The meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. in the Blumer room in the Memorial Building.
City Council Vice Chair Adam Steiner, who received 997 votes along with SIFOC Vice Chair Mary Kate Feeney, said he wants to challenge the City of Framingham’s certified election result of “failure to elect” in Massachusetts Superior Court, and was planning to file Friday with the court. As of yesterday, November 22, so documents were filed with the court.
3. City of FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Traffic Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham City Council Finance subcommittee at 7:30 p.m.
4. According to the Mayor’s publicly posted schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today.
5. Today is the last day to request a meal be delivered on Thanksgiving from the Curtis Family event. Click here for more details. There is no sit down meal this year, again, due to the coronavirus pandemic.