By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Worcester State ice hockey team defeated host Framingham State by a score of 4-0 in MASCAC action Thursday evening at Loring Arena.
Framingham State is now 1-6 overall and 0-4 in the Conference
Worcester State improves to 3-4 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Lancers got on the board in the second minute of play when Mike Wilson finished off his own rebound after being setup by Will Ahearn to take the early 1-0 advantage.
- The visitors extended their lead 14 minutes into the period when Kevin Drevitch sent a strike in off the glove of Rams goalie Blake Carlson to take a 2-0 lead into the first intermission.
- Worcester added to the lead midway through the second period when Mike Wilson intercepted a pass in the neutral zone, carried it into the zone and finished into the top right corner.
- Worcester made it a four-goal game when Brendan Ronan finished off a pass from Deiter Stange late in the third to reach the final margin
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Carlson made 57 saves in the loss for the Rams while Jakub Kubik made 26 saves in the victory for the Lancers.
- The Rams were 0-for-1 on the power play while the Lancers to 0-for-1 on the man-advantage.
- The visitors outshot the Rams 61-to-26 in the contest.
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the ice on Saturday evening when they travel to Westfield State.