By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Fitchburg State ice hockey team scored three third period goals to en route to a 3-1 victory over Framingham State in MASCAC action Saturday evening in at Loring Arena in Framingham.
Fitchburg remains undefeated at 2-0.
Framingham State is still seeking its first win and is 0-3 in the Conference and 0-5 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The two sides skated to a scoreless first period despite the Falcons outshooting the Rams 15-to-3 in the frame.
- The Rams got on the board in the 16th minute of the 2nd when Dylan Marty beat Falcons goalie Brian McGrath for the 1-0 lead.
- The Falcons tied the game on the power play early in the third when Hunter Fortin finished off a pass from Gene Bourhiette, setup by Rece Bergeman.
- About 10 minutes later the Falcons took the lead when Wyatt Wilmshurt found the back of the net with a help from Anthony Ceolin.
- The Falcons scored and insurance goal in the final minute when Fortin and Ceolin hooked up again to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Blake Carlson made 38 saves in net for the Rams while McGrath made 23 saves in the win for the Falcons.
- The Rams were 0-for-4 on the power play while the Falcons were 1-for-3 on the man-advantage.
- The Rams return to the ice on Tuesday evening when they host Stonehill at 7:40 p.m.