By Framingham State athletics
BOSTON – The Framingham State University men’s basketball team was defeated 62-51 by the host Saints in their opening game of the 2021 EC Tip-Off Classic Friday evening at the Jean Yawkey Center in Boston.
With the loss Framingham State is now 1-2 on the season.
This was the season opener for Emmanuel College.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams were led by 18 points from Ivan Nyantenji who connected on 6-of-10 from the floor including 4-of-5 from behind the arc. He added six rebounds and two assists.
- Javaris Hill narrowly missed a double double as he tallied 10 points on 4-of-12 from the floor and added nine boards, a steal and a block.
- JD Okafor was the final Ram to record double figures as he scored 11 and added seven boards and two steals.
- The Saints were led by 14 points from Bryant Ciccio who connected on 5-of-9 from the field.
- Zach Crisafulli added 13 points and nine rebounds with two assists and a steal.
- Ted Weber tallied nine points and grabbed a game-high 10 boards for the hosts.
- The Rams shot 31% from the floor in the game, while the Saints shot 38%. The Rams held a 23-15 edge in points off the bench, while Emmanuel held a slim 48-41 edge in rebounding.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Saturday when they face Endicott College at the EC Tip-Off Classic at 8 p.m.