By Framingham State athletics
NEW BEDFORD – The UMass Dartmouth ice hockey team scored four first period goals en route to a 5-0 win over Framingham State in MASCAC action Thursday evening in Hetland Arena in New Bedford.
Framingham State is still seeking its first win of the year and is 0-4.
UMass Dartmouth remains undefeated in the Conference at 2-0 and 4-1 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Corsairs got on the board in the 13th minute when Michael Mania scored off helpers from Dillon Radin and Jake Maynard to take a 1-0 lead.
- The hosts then scored three times in quick succession to close out the first period. Cade Hanley scored in the 17th minute, followed by Radin in the 18th minute and Michael Perrone in the 19th minute to send UMD into the first break up 4-0.
- After a scoreless second Radin scored his second goal of the game halfway through the third to reach the final 5-0 margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Trever Stenberg made 11 saves in the first frame for the Rams before giving way to Blake Carlson who turned away 17 attempts in the final 40 minutes.
- Parker Butler made 36 saves in the shutout for UMD
- The Rams were 0-for-7 on the power play while the Corsairs were 1-for-4 on the man-advantage.
- Zachary Bettmeng led the attack for the Rams with five shots on net.
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the ice on Saturday evening when they host Fitchburg State in MASCAC action at Loring Arena at 7:40 p.m.