By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Southern New Hampshire ice hockey team scored three first period goals en route to a 4-2 victory over Framingham State in non-conference action Saturday evening.
The Rams are now 0-2 on the season.
Southern New England improves to 2-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board first just under five minutes in when Johnny Baker scored with helpers from Brian Kozek and Ashton Collazo.
- The Penman tied the score four minutes later when Joseph Fiorino scored a power play goal to make it 1-1.
- SNHU scored again on the power play in the 15th minute of play when Stewart Cole scored off a setup by Jake Cox. George Thurston scored a few moments later to send the teams into the first intermission.
- The Rams cut the deficit to one goal early in the third when Dylan Marty converted an Ashton Collazo pass to make it 3-2.
- Moments later Thurston scored his second goal of the night, this one on the powerplay to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Adam Mercer made 17 saves in the win for the Penman.
- Carlson stopped 29 shots in net for the Rams.
- The Penmen were 3-for-6 on the power play while the Rams were 1-for-3.
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the ice on Tuesday when they host New England College at Loring Arena.