FRAMINGHAM – The City of Framingham began advertising for an assistant health director on October 27.
Former Assistant Health Director Alexander DePalo was promoted to Health Director earlier this year.
The salary range for the assistant health director is $96,536 to $108,272.
The employee is responsible for the administrative, technical and supervisory management and oversight of the Public Health Department.
This position assists the Director in all duties that address the public health needs of the community and advance the Department’s strategic goals and objectives.
The employee functions as the head of the Department in the absence of the Director and performs all other related work as required.
Essential Functions includes:
▪ Assists Director with all department operations including Environmental Health, Community Health and Public Health Nursing services
▪ Assists Director with a variety of staff oversight responsibilities including recruitment, hiring, qualitative performance reviews, and discipline
▪ Assists Director with all aspects of annual budget development, management, reporting and presentation
▪ Assists with the development and implementation of short and long-term goals and objectives for the department
▪ Works directly with state and local agencies to ensure compliance with statutory regulations
▪ Supports Director through oversight of; enforcement of state a local regulation for all permitted establishments and facilities, investigation of complaints and potential public health infractions, regulatory analysis of hazardous waste and environmental justice sites, emergency preparedness and response, communicable and infectious disease investigation and response, community health initiatives, grant implementation and reporting, public health education and training and other activities as required
▪ Hires and oversees consultants and contractors as necessary
▪ Develops responses and reports as required by the Board of Health, Mayor, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and City Council related to public health services operations
▪ Attends regular Board of Health meetings
▪ Represents the Department at meetings, forums, conferences or in other public settings
▪ Maintains excellent working relationships with internal and external colleagues to advance public health initiatives
▪ Meets all Freedom of Information Act requests and participates in training to act as Records Access Officer for the department
▪ Attends training seminars and workshops in order to maintain current knowledge of public health service practices and regulations as well as to maintain required certifications/licenses.
Applicants must have a Master’s degree in public health or a closely related field, and 7-10 years’ professional experience in a public health setting; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
The individuals works with Director of Public Health to supervise all department staff.
To apply visit www.framinghamma.gov/jobs Opportunity Employer.