By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Fitchburg State University women’s soccer team defeated Framingham State by a score of 1-0 in MASCAC action Saturday afternoon at Maple Street Field in Framingham.
Prior to the contest the Rams honored their four athletes playing in their final season: Camryn O’Leary (Leicester), Jasmine Lees (Middleboro), Abigail Kurtzer (Norton) and Paige Roberts (Acton.).
Framingham State falls to 5-11-1 and 3-4 in the Conference.
Fitchburg State improves to 2-13 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Falcons struck first in the 7th minute with the only goal they would need. Ashley Porter (Upton) sent in a long lead pass to Maddie Hippert (Leicester) that she was able to chip by the crashing Rams keeper inside the left post.
- Hippert led the charge for the Falcons with four shots, two on net.
- O’Leary led the offensive for the Rams with five shots, all on net.
- Jetta Oskirko (Lancaster) made three saves in the loss for the Rams.
- Allison Gough (Wolcott, Conn.) made nine saves in the win for the Falcons.
- The Rams led the shot totals 15-to-7 but could not find the back of the net.
The Rams finish the MASCAC regular season with a 3-4 record and await the results of the Salem/ Westfield game Saturday evening to determine seeding in next week’s MASCAC Tournament.