By Framingham State athletics
FITCHBURG – The Fitchburg State University field hockey team notched a season-ending victory over the Rams of Framingham State 1-0 in a Little East Conference contest on Friday evening at Elliot Field in Fitchburg.
With the win, the Fitchburg Falcons improve to 2-16 overall and 1-11 in the Conference.
With the loss, Framingham State ends it season at 1-11 in the Conference and 4-13 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The teams played a scoreless first half, the Rams had one shot on goal while Fitchburg peppered the Framingham netminder Grace Pushor (Old Town, Maine) with six attempts.
- The Falcons cracked the scoreboard in the third frame. Newcomer Alexis Raymond (Tewksbury, Mass.) grabbed a rebound off a Grace Kerr (Holliston, Mass.) shot and found a wide open Jessica Morse (Leominsters.) on the far post for the 1-0 lead.
- The Green and Gold played gritty defense in the fourth quarter to ensure the Little East victory.
- Fitchburg State University State held the advantage in shots (18-9) and corners (9-3).
- Falcone sophomore Jenna Morse made six saves in the win, while her counterpart junior Pushor had eleven stops in the loss.