By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Connecticut College volleyball team swept a tri-match this afternoon defeating Fisher College 3-0 and closing the day with a 3-1 victory over Framingham State at the Athletic Center, while the Rams defeated Fisher 3-0 in the day’s other match.
Framingham State is now 13-14 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
Game 1 – Framingham State 3, Fisher 0
- Framingham State took the day’s opening match by scores of 25-23, 25-20 and 26-24.
- The Rams were led in the match on the attack by 10 kills from Valerie Sullivan who also added three digs.
- Brandee Thomas chipped in with nine kills and nine digs, while Hailey Sanders finished the match with seven kills, a dig and two blocks.
- Anna Szymanski paced the defensive effort with 30 defensive digs, while Isabel Henwood chipped in with 16 digs and three assists.
- Morgan Failla finished the match with 26 set assists, three kills and 13 defensive digs.
- The Falcons were led by a match-best 16 kills and 18 digs from Macy Barnes.
- Lilliana Figueroa chipped in with nine kills and a pair of digs, while Aya Al-Juraishi added seven kills, two aces and two digs.
- Natalia Ortiz led five Falcons with double digit digs as she recorded 19 in the match, while Lia Aime added 18.
- Paola Velazquez chipped in with 10 digs and 35 set assists, while Edsyl Irrizary added 11 digs.
Game 2 – Conn. College 3, Fisher 0
- The Camels defeated Fisher in the second match of the day by scores of 25-23, 25-13 and 25-17.
- Avery Light paced the Camels on the attach with nine kills and eight digs, while Annie Wibbelsman added seven kills.
- Christina Leduc chipped in with six kills and six digs, while Emma Wheeler added six kills and two aces. Katie Gunderman also recorded six kills in the match.
- On the defensive side, Julia Dailey led the way with 15 defensive digs, while Natasha Shrivastava added 31 set assists and nine digs.
- The Falcons were led by a match-best 13 kills and 13 digs from Macy Barnes, while Ava Al-Juraishi added six kills.
- Lia Aime finished the match with 12 defensive digs, while Paola Velazquez added 20 set assists.
Game 3 – Conn. College 3, Framingham State 1
- After dropping the first set of the third match 25-23 to the Rams, the Camels won three straight by scores of 25-21, 25-20 and 25-11 to secure their second victory of the day.
- The Camels were once again led on the attack by 16 kills and 14 digs from Christina Leduc, while Avery Light followed right behind with 15 kills in the match.
- Emma Wheeler added 12 kills and 16 digs, while Julia Dailey finished the match with 13 digs.
- Natasha Shrivastava was solid all around with four kills, 42 set assists and eight digs in the match.
- The Rams were led by 15 kills, a dig and two blocks from Hailey Sanders, while Valerie Sullivan finished the match with 10 kills.
- Isabel Henwood led the back row with 22 digs, three assists and two acres, while Brandee Thomas finished the match with eight kills, three assists and 21 defensive digs.
- Morgan Failla tallied five kills on nine attempts with no errors and added 32 assists, three aces and eight digs in the match.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action Tuesday when they host RIC for a non-conference match at 7:15 p.m., while the Falcons travel to Dean on Tuesday and the Camels host Albertus Magnus on Wednesday.