1 Residents can learn about Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG) and a Framingham Acts of Kindness Week (Oct. 20-27) honoring Devin Suau (a 6-year-old Framingham resident who passed away from DIPG in 2017) during a community hour on Zoom with Mayor Yvonne Spicer and Christine Soutter. DIPG is a rare pediatric cancer that is aggressive, unforgiving, inoperable and has no known cure.
2 Framingham State University (FSU) has received a $13,599 grant from BayPath Elder Services, Inc., to support the staffing of an outreach coordinator and two multilingual outreach assistants for the free Adventures in Lifelong Learning (ALL) Program. The goal is to continue expanding the popular program to isolated seniors as well as those from underrepresented communities.
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS today:
- Framingham Retirement Board at 10 a.m.
- Framingham City Council: Appointments Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham Board of Health at 7 p.m.
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m.
4. According to the Mayor’s publicly posted schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer will hold her community hour from 5 to 6 p.m. on Zoom.
5. FLYERS in action:
- Framingham High boys soccer travels to Wellesley for a 3:45 p.m. game against the Raiders.
- Framingham High girls soccer hosts the Raiders at 3:45 p.m.
- Framingham High girls volleyball at Wellesley at 4 p.m. for a match
- Framingham High girls swim & dive hosts Brookline High at 6:15 p.m. at Keefe tech’s pool.