By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University women’s soccer team received a pair of goals from Calen Frongillo as the Rams defeated Massachusetts Maritime Academy 6-1 Saturday afternoon in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Maple Street Field in Framingham.
This was just the fourth victory of the season for the Rams who are now 2-2 in the Conference and 4-9-1 overall.
Mass Maritime drops to 2-6-2 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Frongillo paced the Rams in the game with her two markers and a helper.
- Camryn O’Leary and Cathryn Conney chipped in with a goal and two assists apiece, while Jasmine Lees found the back of the net once and dished out an assist.
- Olivia Renda tallied the Rams other goal in the game.
- Bailey Musial tallied the Bucs lone marker in the game off an assist from Julian Quindley.
- Jetta Oskirko earned the win in net for the Rams going just over 70 minutes allowing one goal on one shot.
- Ally Reddish took the loss for the Bucs making six stops.
- The Rams got on the board first in the 8th minute when Conney connected off a pass from Frongillo.
- The Rams added five more in the first half to lead 6-0 at the break.
- The Bucs tallied the only goal in the second half in the 63rd minute.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action next Saturday when they travel to Worcester State at 11 a.m., while the Bucs host Lesley on Tuesday at 7 p.m.