By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University field hockey team was defeated 4-1 Saturday evening on Senior Night by Keene State in Little East Conference (LEC) at Maple Street Field in Framingham.
Keene State improves to 7-1 in the Conference and 7-9 overall.
Framingham State falls to 1-8 in the Conference and 4-9 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams tallied the first goal of the game just over two minutes into the contest when freshman Haylee Girourd converted off a feed from classmate Angelina Serra (pictured)
- Keene State tied the game with just under 10 remaining in the opening period. Maggie Cahoon sent a pass to Lauren Haussser at the top of the circle and she fired a shot into the back of the net knotting the score 1-1.
- Keene took the lead for good with 3:37 on the clock in the first. Cahoon once again assisted on the tally from Demetria Gonzalez for the 2-1 lead.
- After a scoreless second period, Keene State tallied twice in the third quarter extending the lead to 4-1. stuck first for the Owls with 11:17 left in the frame and Cahoon tallied a marker with 8:08 left.
- The Owls outshot the Rams 19-9 in the game and held an 11-5 edge in penalty corners.
- Molly Edmark earned the win in net for the Owls making three saves, while Grace Pushor took the loss and made eight stops.
- Prior to the game, the Rams honored their five seniors – Chelsea Getchell, Pushor, Sarah Burke, Meghan Croteau and Jordan O’Boyle – as part of Senior Night.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action Wednesday night when they travel to Westfield State for a LEC contest beginning at 7 p.m., while Keene hosts Worcester State on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.