By Framingham State athletics
FITCHBURG – The Framingham State University volleyball team defeated host Fitchburg State University 3-0 in a Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) match Friday afternoon before falling to WPI 3-0.
Framingham State 3, Fitchburg State 0
WPI 3, Framingham State 0
Framingham State is now 10-13 overall and 4-1 in the Conference.
Fitchburg State is 1-16 overall all and winless in the Conference.
WPI is now 13-5 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
Framingham 3, Fitchburg 0
- The Rams earned the conference victory defeating the Falcons by scores of 25-19, 25-11 and 25-14.
- The Rams were led on the attack by eight kills apiece from Valerie Sullivan and Hailey Sanders. Both players committed just two errors in the match with a .273 and .400 hitting percentage respectively.
- Hayley Gaskin dished out 28 set assists for the Rams, while added seven digs and an ace.
- Isabel Henwood led the back row with 13 defensive digs, while Brandee Thomas chipped in with nine digs and four kills.
- The Falcons received seven kills and three digs from Sariah Dyer, while Samantha Mirra chipped in with 15 digs for the hosts.
WPI 3, Framingham 0
- The Rams were defeated by the Engineers by scores of 25-14, 25-17 and 25-14.
- Thomas paced the Rams on the attack in the match with a team-best 10 kills and four digs.
- Sanders chipped in with seven kills, while Gaskin added 15 assists and nine digs.
- Henwood once again led the back row with 16 digs, while Anna Szymanski added seven.
- The Engineers received 15 kills and 10 digs from Amanda Wetmore, while Jia Yazon chipped in with 15 digs.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action Monday when they host Dean at 7:15 p.m.