By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – Keene State’s Kayleigh and Amanda Marshall accounted for three first half goals to lead the Owls past Framingham State in non-conference action Wednesday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
Keene State improves to 4-7-1 overall.
Framingham State drops to 3-8-1 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Owls got on the board in the 8th minute when Kayleigh Marshall (Bow, NH) scored an unassisted tally. Just over ten minutes later K. Marshall scored again this time with an assist coming from Amanda Marshall (Bow, NH). In the 25th minute Amanda Marshall got in on the scoring to give the Owls a 3-0 lead.
- Rams had a good look with about 16 minutes to go when Camryn O’Leary (Leicester) shot off a corner went just over the crossbar.
- The Rams had another good look in the 52nd minute when Abbie Terrinca (Ludlow) made a nice sliding stop on a one-time pass to Paige Roberts (Acton.).
- With just over ten minutes to play the Rams had a great look off a corner but Terrinca made a great stop. On the transition the other way Lily Derosier (Thronton, NH) scored the games’ final tally.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Owls owned the advantage in shots by a 11-to-3 marginin the first half but the game ended with both teams tied at 14 all.
- Sarah Lustic (Sandwich) made six saves in the first half before giving way to Jetta Oskirko (Lancaster).
- Rebecca Koziara (Keene, NH) made one save in the first half before giving way to Terrinca who made five stops.
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the field on Saturday when the travel to MCLA for a MASCAC tilt at noon.