In full transparency, the following is a press release from Framingham-based Staples submitted to SOURCE media through its business wire service. (stock photo)
FRAMINGHAM – As part of its continued evolution to Staples Connect, the working and learning store, Staples US Retail today announced winners of the 2021 Thank A Teacher Contest.
This contest was designed to give parents, students and supporters a platform to recognize an outstanding teacher who has made a positive impact on the lives of their students.
Thousands of heartfelt nominations were submitted that gave accolades to teachers who, despite the uncertainties of the past year, have continuously gone above and beyond to give students a successful and positive learning experience.
“Teachers have dealt with a great deal of uncertainty over the past year and a half,” said Marshall Warkentin, Chief Marketing & Merchandising Officer, Staples US Retail. “But if there’s one thing that has remained constant, it’s the teachers’ dedication to helping their students adapt to these changes and thrive in the face of them. In celebration of World Teachers’ Day, we at Staples are honored to be able to recognize educators across the country and to continue to be a partner throughout the entire school year.”
Staples US Retail will provide $2,000 in cash for every winning teacher and $5,000 in Staples Gift Cards to their school. The cash prize is intended to give winning teachers a portion to spend however they choose, while the gift cards can help winning schools restock on supplies for the back-to-school season, wherever their students are learning this year.
2021 Thank A Teacher Contest Winners
During the month of June, parents, students and supporters were encouraged to nominate outstanding teachers by sharing their personal stories of thanks and appreciation on Twitter or Instagram. Nominations were also accepted online via a form on staplesconnect.com/ThankATeacher. Staples Connect is proud to acknowledge and celebrate the following teachers for their outstanding contributions to their students and communities:
- Ashley A., Mohegan Elementary School (Uncasville, CT)
- Arlevia D., Mansfield Legacy High School (Mansfield, TX)
- Cindy P., Southern Elementary School (New Castle, DE)
- Crystal R., Johnson Park Elementary School (Olivehurst, CA)
- Derinda M., Virgil I Grissom School 7 (Rochester, NY)
- Javier A., East Fort Worth Montessori Academy (Fort Worth, TX)
- Jennifer W., Kenna Elementary School (Charleston, WV)
- Joel D., Holbrook High School (Holbrook, AZ)
- Kellyn F., Hampton Park Christian School (Greenville, SC)
- Kenan K., Whitewater Middle School (Charlotte, NC)
- Lesley P., Emerson Middle School (Union City, NJ)
- Megan D., Kyrene del Cielo Elementary School (Chandler, AZ)
- Melissa S., Pittsburgh Brookline PreK-8 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Rachel N., Alice E. Grady Elementary School (Elmsford, NY)
- Rachel W., Saint Mary School (Brussels, IL)
- Stacey P., Canyon Ridge School (Surprise, AZ)
- Sarah N., Nuestro Mundo Community School (Monona, WI)
- Stephanie G., John Pierce School (Brookline, MA)
- Tajia Z., All Saints Catholic School (Cresson, PA)
- Terri G., Livonia Transition Program (Livonia, MI)
To learn more about the individual stories behind our 2021 Thank A Teacher Contest winners, visit www.staplesconnect.com/thankateacher.
Thank Teachers All Year Long with Classroom Rewards
Staples Connect is giving parents, students and supporters a way to give back to their teachers all year long through the Classroom Rewards program. Supporters can register for Classroom Rewards on the Staples Connect™ app and earn 5% back to give to teachers year-round – 20% back now through Oct. 9 in celebration of World Teachers’ Day!
Download the Staples Connect app by texting “APP” to 555-444 or by visiting app.staplesconnect.com, then create a Staples Connect login and follow the process to enroll in Classroom Rewards by navigating to the bottom of the app and selecting ‘Classroom Rewards’.
With a focus on the community of small businesses and consumers, Staples Connect provides innovative products, services and inspiration essential to the new ways of working and learning. Staples Stores and Staples Connect retail locations serve millions of customers from entrepreneurs and small businesses to remote workers, parents, teachers, and students. Explore Staples Connect at a local Staples Store or online at StaplesConnect.com.
The company has its world-wide headquarters in Framingham.