By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Wheaton College volleyball team swept a tri-match Saturday afternoon defeating both Framingham State and Wentworth in straight sets 3-0 at the Athletic Center, while Wentworth defeated the Rams 3-1 in the day’s other match.
Scores: Wheaton 3, Framingham State 0
Wheaton 3, Wentworth 0
Wentworth 3, Framingham State 1
Framingham State is now 7-9 overall.
Wheaton is now 12-5 overall with Wentworth 11-7 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
Game 1 – Wheaton 3, Framingham State 0
- Wheaton took the opening match of the day in straight sets by scores of 25-13, 25-21 and 25-13.
- The Lyons were paced on the attack by nine kills from Emily Hickey, while Adara Hamilton added eight with five digs.
- Annah Shaheen chipped in with seven kills and four digs, while Zoe Franz added 19 set assists and seven digs. Sophie Wilhelm paced the back row with a team-best 11 digs in the match.
- The Rams were led on the attack in the match by six kills and seven digs from Brandee Thomas, while Jamiyae Mattress and Valerie Sullivan added four apiece.
- Isabel Henwood paced the defensive effort with eight digs, while Hayley Gaskin added seven with nine set assists. Hailey Sanders and Mattress finished the match with two blocks apiece.
Game 2 – Wheaton 3, Wentworth 0
- The Lyons recorded their second straight set victory of the day defeating the Leopards by scores of 25-16, 25-23 and 25-19.
- The Lyons were paced in the match by 11 kills from Emily Hickey, while Adara Hamilton added 10 and five digs.
- Hannah George chipped in with 22 set assists, while Sophie Wilhelm led the back row effort with 12 digs, six assists and five aces.
- The Leopards were led by eight kills, four digs and three blocks from Viviann Goulet, while Riley Waggoner added six kills.
- Lexi Zabloudil chipped in with five kills, 14 set assists and nine digs to lead the defensive effort.
- Megan Davies added four assists, two aces and eight digs.
Game 3 – Wentworth 3, Framingham State 1
- The Leopards took the opening set 25-19 before the Rams rallied for a 25-19 victory in the second evening the match. Wentworth closed the match taking the third 25-13 and the fourth 25-19.
- The Leopards were paced on the attack in the match by Devin Neal who tallied nine kills on 19 attempts to go along with two digs and two blocks.
- Lauren Edmiston added eight kills, while Ashley Cao chipped in with seven on 14 swings with no errors and added 10 assists, two aces and four digs.
- Abby Maher recorded a team-best 14 defensive digs, while Lexi Zabloudil and Peyton Tague added 11 apiece.
- The Rams were led in the match by 11 kills from Brandee Thomas who also added an ace and nine digs.
- Valerie Sullivan finished the match with seven kills, while Hailey Sanders tallied six with three digs and two blocks.
- Defensively, the Rams were led by 16 kills from Isabel Henwood, while Emily Flaherty added 10. Hayley Gaskin finished the match with four kills and 25 set assists.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action Tuesday when they travel to New England College at 6 p.m., while Wheaton travels to Wellesley on Tuesday at 7 p.m., and Wentworth travels to Suffolk on Tuesday also at 7 p.m