By Framingham State athletics
NEWTON – Framingham State’s Isabella Kondi (Canaan, NH) converted on a penalty corner 31 seconds into overtime to give the Rams a 1-0 win over Lasell University at Grellier Field Thursday afternoon in Newton.
Framingham State is now 3-4 overall.
Lasell University drops to 4-5 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams broke the scoreless tie 31 seconds into the overtime period when they were awarded a penalty corner. Corlene Guenard (Acton, Mass.) sent in the pass, which was set by Angelina Serra (Chelmsford, Mass.) & finished off by Kondi.
- The game only saw a total of ten shots between both sides and only five of them on goal, all by the Rams.
- The Rams did earn nine penalty corners to the Lasers two corner attempts.
- Sydney Kujawkski (Dearborn, MI) earned the win in her first career start.
- Courtney Tello (Nashua, NH) made four saves in the loss for Lasell
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the field on Saturday when they host Worcester State in Little East Conference action.