By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University volleyball team took a hard fought second set to even the match at 1-1, but it was not enough as the Rams were defeated 3-1 by unbeaten MIT this evening in non-conference action at the Athletic Center in Framingham.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Tied at 6-6 in the opening frame, MIT used an 11-1 run to take a 17-7 lead. The Engineers eventually took the set 25-11.
- In the second set, the Rams jumped out to a 7-3 lead and pushed the advantage to 14-7. MIT clawed back into the frame tying the set at 16-16. The Rams led 21-18 after a Hailey Sanders kill, but MIT once again tied the frame at 24-24. The Rams closed the set with a kill from Jamiyae Mattess and an ace from Isabel Henwood to secure the set 26-24.
- In the third, the Rams once again took the lead early, but MIT battled back tying the set at 12-12 and taking the lead for good on a Nikasha Patel kill. After taking the third set, 25-18, MIT cruised to the victory with a 25-7 triumph in the third.
- The Engineers were led on the attack by seven kills apiece from Patel and Julia Caravias, while Alyssa Unell chipped in with six.
- The Rams were led on the attack by 11 kills by Valerie Sullivan, while Brandee Thomas chipped in with 10 and 15 digs. Sanders finished the match with six kills and three blocks.
- Henwood finished the match with 13 digs and two aces, while Anna Szymanski chipped in with 10 digs. Hayley Gaskin added 29 set assists.
- Adrina Tang led the MIT defense with 10 digs and 39 set assists, while Sofie Kupiec finished the match with seven. .
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action tomorrow, October 2, when they host Wheaton and Wentworth for a non-conference tri-match at 11 a.m.