By Framingham State athletics
WELLESLEY – The Wellesley College women’s soccer team scored two goals in the opening minutes en route to a 5-1 victory over Framingham State on Thursday afternoon at Wellesley College.
The game was originally scheduled for Wednesday, but postponed due to the weather.
Wellesley improved to 5-1.
Framingham State is now 2-7-1 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue got on the board just over a minute into the contest when Thea Feldgoise (Brookline, Mass.) converted a pass from Carrie Huang (Seattle, WA). Just over five minutes later Marleigh Ausbrooks (Washington, DC) beat the Rams keeper to go up 2-0.
- The hosts added another tally in the 30th minute when Eliza Roy (Camden, ME) scored her fourth goal of the season with a helper from Danika Heaney (Palo Alto, CA) to head to the break, up 3-0.
- The Rams got on the board in the 66th minute when Cathryn Cooney (Mansfield, Mass.) scored her first goal of the season.
- The hosts added two scored in the 88th minute when Reva Sanke and Roy both scored to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Rams goalie Jetta Oskirko (Lancaster, Mass.) made nine saves before giving way to Sarah Lustic (Sandwich, Mass.) who made two saves in the setback.
- Kendall Lincoln (San Diego, CA) warned the win in net for the Blue before giving way to Lauren Park (Richmond, VA)
- Wellesley controlled the possession and pace, taking 29 shots while holding the Rams to a single shot in each half.
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the field on Saturday when they host Salem State in MASCAC action