By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – Bridgewater State sophomore Audra McDuffie (Millbury.) scored two goals in the opening 15 minutes to pace the Bears to a 3-0 MASCAC victory over Framingham State on Saturday afternoon at Maple Street Field in Framingham.
Framingham State is now 2-6-1 overall and are still looking for their first conference win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Bears opened up the scoring in the sixth minute when McDuffie headed in a corner kick from Delaney Langton (Scituate, RI).
- About 10 minutes later Michelle Belcher sent in a long pass to McDuffie who found the back of the net to go up 2-0.
- Langton got on the board in the 61st minute after a McDuffie pass found her in front of a wide-open net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Rams goalie Jetta Oskirko (Lancaster.) made ten saves in the setback.
- Bears netminder Tory Viola-Laughery (Brockton) made one save in the shutout win.
- Bridgewater paced play owning the shot advantage 19-to-6 and being awarded six corner kicks to the Rams three.
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the field on Wednesday, September 29, when they travel to Wellesley for non-conference action at 4 p.m. The Bears host Roger Williams on the same evening at 7 p.m.