By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University volleyball team took the second set to even the match at 1-1 against Elms College, but the Blazers took the final two sets to secure a 3-1 victory over the Rams in non-conference action tonight at the Athletic Center in Framingham.
Framingham State is now 6-4 on the season.
Elms College is now 6-3 on the season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Blazers led most of the way in the first taking the set 25-19, before the Rams led most of the way in the second taking the frame 25-18 and even the match.
- The Rams jumped out to the lead in both the third and the fourth, but Elms battled back taking both sets by scores of 25-19 and 25-17.
- Elms was led by a match best 17 kills on 41 attempts for .317 hitting percentage by Alanys Cruz Diaz. Diaz also added two aces, two blocks and 12 defensive digs.
- Jaylianne Ramos Figueroa chipped in with a double double of 14 kills and 15 digs with five service aces.
- Kianna Lozada paced the Blazer back row effort with 22 digs and two assists.
- The Rams were led by a double double effort from junior Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI). Thomas connected on 13 of 53 attempts for a .132 hitting percentage to go along with four assists, an ace and 15 defensive digs.
- Sophomore Hailey Sanders (Franklin) added eight kills, three digs and a block, while Valerie Sullivan (Buffalo, NY) finished the match with seven kills and four digs.
- Graduate student Morgan Failla (Providence, RI) chipped in with four kills, 29 set assists, three aces and 11 defensive digs.
- Freshman Isabel Henwood (Guaynabo, PR) finished the match with 15 digs, while Jamiyae Mattress (Mauldin, SC) added three kills, five digs and four blocks.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Thursday when they travel to Salve Regina at 7 p.m., the Blazers travel to Dean on Friday at 7 p.m