By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – Framingham State sophomore Isabella Kondi scored two goals and assisted on another as the Rams field hockey team defeated Dean College by a score of 6-0 Wednesday evening at Maple Street Field in Framingham.
It was the season and home opener for the Rams who are now 1-0.
Dean College is now 0-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board for the first time this season in the 8th minute of the first quarter when sophomore Grace Thompson gathered a rebound and sent it over to classmate Isabella Kondi who sent in a long strike past the Dean goalkeeper.
- The Rams scored again in the 20th minute of play when junior Jordyn O’Boyle tipped in a long strike from Kondi to take a 2-0 lead.
- Kondi scored again in the 24th minute when she ripped a long shot into the cage.
- To open the second half freshman Angelina Serra dribbled around a defender and sent one home. The Rams tallied again in the 44th minute when Corlene Guenard scored off a pass from Abby Clark. Emma Bailey scored in the 57th minute to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Grace Pushor earned the shutout win in goal for the Rams.
- Mackenzie Fillion made 16 stops in the first three quarters before giving way to Gabbie Taynor for the Bulldogs.
- The Rams held the advantage in most statistical category including shots, shots on goal and penalty corners.
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the field on Saturday September 11th when they open up Little East play hosting Castleton at 1pm.