1 Registration opens today at 11 a.m. for the Fall Adventures in Lifelong Learning Program, which will offer free courses over Zoom to seniors taught by Framingham State University faculty and community leaders.
Adventures in Lifelong Learning is an academic program designed to provide intellectual, creative, and social engagement for adults aged 60 and over.
A collaboration between Framingham State and the Framingham Public Library, the program will offer courses remotely during October 2021, using the Zoom audio and video conferencing platform. The program will include courses in art, literature, music, nutrition, and political science, free of charge or for a voluntary donation.
2. Former White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card will give a lecture entitled “Under Attack,” reflecting on his experience during the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001at Framingham State Univeristy at 4 p.m. at Dwight Hall Performing Arts Center.
The event is free and open to the public (masks are required). It will also be streamed online over Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/FraminghamStateUniversity
3. Today at 5 p.m. is the last day to apply for an early vote or absentee ballot by mail for the preliminary election on Tuesday, September 14.
4. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- Framingham Zoning Board of Appeals has a meeting at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Parks & Recreation has a meeting at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Cultural Council has a meeting at 7 p.m.
5. According to the Mayor’s publicly posted schedule, she will hold a community hour on the coronavirus pandemic and the COVID-19 vaccine with the City’s Public Health Nurse Kitty Mahoney from 5 to 6 p.m. on Zoom.
BONUS: SOURCE is accepting applications for fall 2021 & spring 2022 internships. Deadline to apply for the fall internship is September 10