1 There is a heat advisory today as the heat index could reach 100 degrees.
All 3 of the City of Framingham’s public beaches are closed again today.
Last set of test results came back yesterday, August 10. Two of the 3 beaches have toxic blue algae and the third has high levels of e coli bacteria.
2. The East Middlesex Mosquito Control Project is planning to use a truck-mounted aerosol sprayer to apply “reduced-risk pesticide” to control mosquito populations in the City tonight. All spraying will be done between dusk and 11:30 p.m. Click here for a list of streets.
3. The City of Framingham Department of Public Works and their consultant, VHB, will host the second of four virtual public meetings for the City’s Transportation Master Plan, Phase II, on tonight on Zoom at 6 p.m. Click here for more details and the Zoom link.
4. Other CITY of FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- Framingham School Committee policy subcommittee at 4:30 p.m.
- Conservation Commission at 7 p.m.
- Parks & Recreation Commission at 7 p.m.
- Zoning Board of Appeals at 7 p.m.
- Historical Commission at 7 p.m.
According to the Mayor’s publicly posted schedule, she has no public events today.
5. The Greater Framingham Running Club and Framingham Parks & Recreation will hold its summer track meet tonight at 6 p.m. at Bowditch Field, weather permitting.
BONUS: FEMA, in coordination with the Federal Communications Commission, will conduct a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) and Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) today. The national test will consist of two portions, testing WEA and EAS capabilities at 2:20 p.m.