1. The National Weather Service has extended its flash flood watch is in effect until 6 p.m. tonight. The rain is supposed to continue through tonight.
2. Two of the City’s lakes are now closed due to toxic algae. Lake Waushakum was closed yesterday due to the algae. Saxonville Lake (Lake Cochituate) has been closed since last month due to the algae.
All 3 of the City’s beaches are closed again, due to either bacteria or toxic algae. The last set of tests came back on August 2.
3. The Framingham Farmers’ Market is scheduled to be open today from noon to 5:30 p.m. at the Framingham Centre Common.
UPDATE: “Due to the rain, most vendors have opted not to attend today’s farmers market.”
4. CITY of FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- Framingham Planning Board at 7 p.m.
5. According to the Mayor’s publicly posted schedule is doing a tour of the new Fuller Middle School today between 4 and 6 p.m.