1. All 3 of the City’s beaches are closed again, due to either bacteria or toxic algae. The last set of tests came back on July 28.
Lake Waushakum beach has never opened for the season. Saxonville Lake has been closed for more than a week due to a toxic algae.
2. CITY of FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- Framingham City Council: Ordinance & Rules Subcommittee will be at 6 p.m. at the Blumer room in the Memorial Building and via Zoom. On the agenda is a discussion of the plastic bag ordinance, the Framingham Youth Council, and an ordinance to limit political activity.
- The full City Council will not meet tonight. The next meeting is scheduled for August 17.
3. The Spicer administration announced a Zoom community hour yesterday for today at 5 p.m. The Zoom is not in person but via Zoom.
The focus: Mayor Spicer and Interim Health Director Alexandra DePalo to discuss what it means for Framingham as COVID-19 numbers increase. Attendees will be able to pose questions during the hour via Zoom’s Chat function.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
This is the only item on the Mayor’s publicly posted schedule.
5. Today is National Watermelon Day.