Editor’s note: 3.5 years into the Mayor’s four year terms her administration announced this new initiative called Mayor Spicer’s Monday Minute. This is the second installment. The Mayor is in a 3-way battle for re-election.
FRAMINGHAM – Mayor Spicer’s Monday Minute
- 65% of Framingham’s Population has Received the COVID-19 Vaccine: According to 2019 U.S. Census numbers, Framingham had a population of 74,416. As the City’s data report from July 21, 2021, noted, 48,441 people in the City are fully vaccinated, which equates to 65%. When we get
the final 2020 Census numbers, the City will provide an update.
- Update on the Mayor’s Internship Initiative: This summer, the City is collaborating with MassHire Metro South/West Workforce Board to connect 100+ young adults with job opportunities in public, private, and nonprofit sectors. Each one of these paid interns is getting a
feel for what it is like to work in local government and business.
- Learn About the Most Efficient Heating and Cooling System Available – Ground-Source (Geothermal) Heat Pumps Tuesday, July 27 from 7-8 p.m.: Register for the Zoom webinar here.
- Household Hazardous Waste Day: Framingham’s Department of Public Works (DPW) will host Household Hazardous Waste Day, Saturday, July 31, at the DPW Operations Center, 100 Western Avenue, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Framingham Police Department Exam: The Framingham Police Department is conducting its first independent recruitment process for Police Officers since exiting Civil Service in 2020.