SOUTHBOROUGH – Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is replacing the I-90 westbound bridge over Cordaville Road in Southborough.
This work will occur from 7 p.m. on Friday, June 25 to 5 a.m. on Monday, June 28.
Westbound traffic will be shifted through a median crossover to the eastbound side of I-90. Travel will be reduced to two lanes in each direction and opposing traffic separated by a barrier.
Cordaville Road will be closed under the bridge and through traffic detoured from approximately 4 p.m. on Friday to 5 a.m. on Monday.
MassDOT is replacing bridges on I-90 eastbound and westbound over Flanders Road in Westborough and Parkerville Road, Cordaville Road, and Woodland Road in Southborough as part of this project.
The replacement of the eight bridges (2 spans per local road) is taking place over eight weekends between June 18 and August 16, 2021.
There will be advance signage in place to alert drivers to the I-90 configuration change and Cordaville Road detour.
All times are subject to change based on weather or unforeseen events.
Friday Night, June 25 (beginning at 7:00 p.m.):
- I-90 westbound traffic will be shifted through the median crossover into two right lanes of what is usually I-90 eastbound
- I-90 eastbound traffic will be shifted to the right into two lanes
Monday Morning, June 28 (completed at 5:00 a.m.):
- I-90 westbound traffic will be shifted back to three lanes on I-90 westbound
- I-90 eastbound traffic will be shifted back to three lanes on I-90 eastbound
If there is inclement weather that impacts the schedule above, MassDOT will reschedule the replacement to the weekend of July 9 through July 12.
If you travel on I-90:
- During the replacement, both directions of I-90 will be reduced from three to two lanes between Route 9 (exit 111) in Framingham and I-495 (exit 106) in Hopkinton, which will result in higher than normal congestion.
If you use Cordaville Road:
- Cordaville Road will be closed to through travel. Local access to homes and businesses will be maintained on either side of the bridge. The detour route map can be viewed on the website.
Plan ahead: The reduction of I-90 from three to two lanes will result in higher than normal congestion, drivers should plan accordingly.
Drivers traveling westbound through the project should be prepared for the shift into the eastbound direction.